As a powerful open-source platform, WordPress is the most easy-to-use and manage CMS that comes with tons of features and functionality. This makes maintaining a WordPress website easier too, provided you are aware of all that needs to be done. A well-maintained website can help improve your site’s speed and performance. It can help boosts your site’s SEO and other marketing campaigns. More importantly, it can help enhance customer experience, which can result in increased traffic and higher conversions.
For maintaining the website, WordPress offers plugins and other essential tools. Thus, if you want to know, the different tasks that need to be undertaken for website maintenance, then here is a complete WordPress maintenance checklist you can a follow.
Some of the top tasks for WordPress maintenance includes;
- Updating site’s plugins and themes, which helps strengthen the site’s security.
- Taking a regular back-up of the website, files and database.
- Reviewing site’s SEO and fixing glitches post-haste.
- Clearing trash and spam and optimizing the database for faster website speed.
- Testing site’s compatibility with other browsers and mobile devices.
- Keeping an eye on the web hosting resources.
- Monitoring website’s security to prevent malware, spam, hack attacks, among others.
- Updating site’s content and reviewing internal/external links, download links, contact form, etc.
- Reviewing Google Analytics to track, monitor and measure the site’s performance.
These are the few website maintenance tasks that you need to do. This will ensure that your site is up-to-date at all times, thereby helping improve your site’s ranking on the SERPs. Website maintenance is a task that you can’t ignore if you want to create a successful business online. So, go ahead and check out the infographic below to get a complete list of WordPress maintenance tasks.
WordPress Website Maintenance Checklist (Infographic) – 50+ Essential Tips & Practices by the Team at BigRockCoupon.in
Author: Sudhir Bhushan is a Tech & Social enthusiast. He is also a Web Entrepreneur by Profession and loves to write about the latest trends on Social Media & SEO. You may also follow him on Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest